Types of Memberships Available:
- Active Older Adult: Ages 62 years & older
- Active Older Adult Couple: At least one (1) member is age 62+ residing in the same household with no children on the membership
- Adult: Ages 19-61 years old
- Adult Couple: Two (2) people residing in the same household between the ages of 19-61 years old
- Family: Adults and children (up to age 18) residing in the same household
- Single Parent Family: One (1) Adult and Youth (up to age 18 years old)
- Teen: Ages 12-18 years old
- Youth: Ages 11 years old & under
- Teen: Ages 12-18 years old
- Access to all YMCA facilities locally and nationwide
- Access to free live and on-demand virtual classes
- A variety of programs for people of all ages, including exercise, nutrition, and healthy lifestyle support
- Fully trained staff that is always ready to assist you
- Wellness consultations with trained fitness coaches that will help you set and achieve your goals
- State of the art cardio and strength training equipment
- Clean and well-maintained facilities
- Many free land group exercise classes plus other classes such as water-based exercise, Zumba, Yoga, and pilates
- The opportunity to train and become a Y mentor, tutor or activity coach
- The opportunity to build relationships with others members and volunteers
- Your membership also gives you opportunities to save on programs like Summer Camps, Youth Sports, Swim Lessons, Fitness and Adult Sports
We understand that military families are under enormous strain. As a member of The Y, you and your family can spend quality time together and enjoy fun activities in a warm, supportive environment. It’s also a place to meet other military families who can relate to your unique situation.
Who is Eligible? Title 10 personnel are eligible for a Y membership, including:
- Family members of deployed National Guard and Reservists
- Active Duty Independent Duty personnel and their families
Relocated spouse/dependent children of deployed Active Duty personnel
Note: The Relocated Spouse category supports families/spouse who relocate away from an installation/duty station while the active duty service member is deployed. All of the following criteria must be met:
- The service member is on active duty.
- The service member is DEPLOYED for a minimum of six months (on deployment orders).
- The spouse has relocated away from the military installation where the service member is assigned (most often, back home near family).
- Wounded service members assigned to a Community Based Warrior in Transition Unit (CBWTU)
To register, please visit: MilitaryOneSource.com or call 1(800) 342-9647 to determine eligibility and receive and eligibility form. Bring the form, your Military ID, and any other required documentation to the YMCA for verification.
Corporate Membership with the Y
Did you know that companies with health promotion programs can see a return of $3-$6 for every $1 invested over a two to five-year period? Documented savings are observed in medical costs, absenteeism, worker’s compensation claims, short-term disability, and improved on-the-job efficiency due to fewer employee health programs
-American Journal of Preventative Medicine
Employees Enjoy These Benefits:
- No Joiner’s Fee for any type of membership (a savings of up to $75)
- A 20% discount off membership fees
- Expert resources available to promote employee wellness
- Access to all six Greater Valley YMCA locations (Allentown, Bethlehem, Easton, Nazareth, Slate Belt [Pen Argyl], Suburban North [Catasauqua]
- Access to YMCA locations throughout the entire United States
- Complimentary fitness orientation
- Fitness classes included with membership
- Child Watch babysitting services included with membership
- Healthy living programs to learn about healthy eating, diabetes prevention, physical activity, and general mental and physical well-being
- Inclusive classes for all ages and abilities
- Free Access to 24/7 Y Wellness live and on-demand virtual fitness classes
- Indoor Swimming at Allentown, Bethlehem, Easton, Nazareth, and Slate Belt Branches
Be Part of Something Bigger
The Greater Valley YMCA can help your company set up an annual community service event or encourage your employees to share their talents with the community by volunteering in a variety of ways:
- Serve on our Board of Directors
- Assist as a program volunteer
- Coach a youth sport
- Volunteer at special events
- Volunteer at the Y on United Way’s Day of Giving
- Include the Greater Valley YMCA in employee giving campaigns
The Y is Working Parent-Friendly
The Y is not just a gym and swim. One of the YMCA’s core values is youth development. We offer many options for the working parent to enrich their children’s lives:
- Child care: Infants, Toddlers, Preschool, Before/After School Care
- Summer day camp
- Swim lessons
- Youth fitness programs
- Youth sports leagues
- Youth arts, dance, and gymnastics programs
- Youth leadership programs
Y members enjoy reduced or free program rates for all of the above-listed programs.
Contact us via the button below to start your Corporate Wellness journey.
Find out if your health plan or medicare supplement carrier offers either of these programs, and you can sign up for a FREE membership to the Greater Valley YMCA.
Effective January 1, 2021, all branches of the Greater Valley YMCA will accept United Healthcare’s Renew Active. Those with an eligible Medicare plan from United Healthcare can receive a YMCA membership at no additional cost to them.
Beginning March 1, 2020, the Greater Valley YMCA and Special Olympics Pennsylvania will be partnering to provide access to year-round sports training at the Y free of charge to the athletes and their families. A reduced "Special Olympics Membership Rate" at the Y will be provided to the athletes if an individual would like to join the Y as well! Contact your local Y Branch to learn more!
Join the Y
Households across our community have different needs so we offer a variety of membership types. Each of our locations offer many different programs, schedules, and classes therefore offerings and fees may vary by branch.
Every day, we work side-by-side with our neighbors to make sure that everyone, regardless of age, income or background, has the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive. At The Y, no child, family or adult is turned away due to an inability to pay.
Financial assistance awards are assessed on a case by case basis during a one-on-one, confidential session with a staff member. Those interested in applying for our financial assistance program are encouraged to download this form in English or download this form in Spanish, or stop in to any of our branches to learn more and pick up an application.