An Ounce of Prevention
Start: March 11, 2019 11:30 am
End: March 11, 2019 1:30 pm
- · Lower body weakness
- · Vitamin D deficiency
- · Difficulties with walking and balance
- · Use of medicines, such as tranquilizers, sedatives, or antidepressants. Even some over-the-counter medicines can affect balance and how steady you are on your feet.
- · Vision problems
- · Foot pain or poor footwear
- · Home hazards or dangers such as broken or uneven steps, throw rugs or clutter that can be tripped over, and no handrails along stairs or in the bathroom
- · Most falls are caused by a combination of risk factors. The more risk factors a person has, the greater their chances of falling
Monday, March 11, 2019
11:30 AM to 1:30 PM
Greater valley ymca, Bethlehem branch
430 Easton Broad Street
Bethlehem, PA 18018
(P) 610 867 7588
Join the Y
Households across our community have different needs so we offer a variety of membership types. Each of our locations offer many different programs, schedules, and classes therefore offerings and fees may vary by branch.
Every day, we work side-by-side with our neighbors to make sure that everyone, regardless of age, income or background, has the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive. At The Y, no child, family or adult is turned away due to an inability to pay.
Financial assistance awards are assessed on a case by case basis during a one-on-one, confidential session with a staff member. Those interested in applying for our financial assistance program are encouraged to download this form, or stop in to any of our branches to learn more and pick up an application.