Star Swim Team
Welcome to the Bethlehem Stars Swim Team! For over 30 years, we continue to offer one of area’s top competitive swim programs for youth ages 5-18.
Bethlehem Stars is proud to roster over 100 competitive swimmers on its team each year from across the Lehigh Valley. Swimmers represent school districts such as Bethlehem, Southern Lehigh, Saucon Valley, Allentown and many of the private and parochial schools.
The Bethlehem Stars Swim Team holds many league and district titles, including team sportsmanship awards.
Beth Stars Boys and Girls 15 and Over are the Madison Division 2015 Champs!
Individually, many of our past and current swimmers achieve qualifying and record-breaking times competing at districts, states (held at Penn State University, State College) and nationals.
National YMCA Qualifiers (in the 15 and over category) competed March 30-April 3rd 2015 in Greensboro, NC:
- Nolan Vannata: 100 Breast
- Robert Negron: 50 Free
- 200 Free Relay: Jacob Jones, Jared Messics, Robert Negron, Nolan Vannata.
The Bethlehem YMCA Stars swimmers qualified for state championships held at Penn State University, State College, PA over the March 21-23, 2015 weekend. Swimmers from the team who earned top 12 in the state were:
15 & Overs
- Jocelyn Baker, 12th, 500 Yard Freestyle
- John Buttillo, 8th, 200 Yard Freestyle Relay
- Kayla Drago, 7th, 100 Yard Butterfly;
- Sabrina Krotzer, 10th, 200 Yard Butterfly
- Jared Messics, 8th, 200 Yard Freestyle Relay
- Nolan Vannata, 8th, 200 Yard Freestyle Relay
13-14 Age Group
- Alasdair Bell, 12th, 200 Yard Backstroke; 2nd,200 Yard Freestyle Relay
- Stephen Hoyer, 2nd, 200 Yard Freestyle Relay; 4th, 200 Yard Medley Relay
- Anna Lehr, 8th, 200 Yard IM; 9th, 500 Yard Freestyle
- Tommy Madigan, 4th, 200 Yard Medley Relay; 11th, 100 Yard Breaststroke
- Robert Negron, 1st, 50 Yard Freestyle; 1st, 100 Yard Freestyle; 2nd, 200 Yard Freestyle Relay; 4th, 200 Yard Medley Relay
- Jase Smith, 2nd, 200 Freestyle Relay; 4th, 200 Yard Medley Relay
11-12 Age Group
- Maria Donahue, 7th, 200 Yard Freestyle Relay
- Sophia Hoyer, 7th, 200 Yard Freestyle Relay
- Kyle Kerr, 10th, 50 Yard Freestyle
- Emma Luchetti, 7th, 200 Yard Freestyle Relay
- Samantha Taylor, 7th, 200 Yard Freestyle Relay; 12th 50 Yard Freestyle
9-10 Age Group
- Addison Collins, 9th, 200 Yard Freestyle; 10th, 100 Yard Freestyle; 3rd, 100 Yard IM; 7th, 200 Yardd Freestyle Relay
- Constantine Donahue, 10th, 50 Yard Freestyle; 7th, 200 Yard Freestyle Relay
- Patrick Gilhool, 6th, 50 Yard Butterfly; 7th, 200 Yard Freestyle Relay
- Danny Lehr, 7th, 200 Yard Freestyle Relay
Shannon Hogan, Ryan Kerr, Ava Luchetti, Abigail Mack, Kristian Olsen, Sarah Park, Natalie Richardson and Kendra Smith also competed at states.
Under the guidance of a high-quality, professional coaching staff, we provide technique instruction for all ages and abilities, as well as offer every swimmer an opportunity to improve their swimming skills. Additionally, swimmers are provided an outlet to compete in several dual and invitational meets, learn the value of teamwork and camaraderie, and most importantly have fun enjoying the sport of swimming and doing one’s best!
The Bethlehem Stars is a member of the Penn Del Swim League, which promotes, encourages and supports YMCA competitive swimming for Eastern Pennsylvania and Delaware. Penn Del’s membership features 27 YMCAs, 61 individual teams and over 3,000 swimmers. Visit and become a free Penn Del Swim member: www.penndelswim.org.
For more information on how your swimmer can be a Bethlehem “Star”, please contact Vanessa Rex, Aquatics Director, at 610-867-7588 ext 114; email@example.com
Join the Y
Households across our community have different needs so we offer a variety of membership types. Each of our locations offer many different programs, schedules, and classes therefore offerings and fees may vary by branch.
Every day, we work side-by-side with our neighbors to make sure that everyone, regardless of age, income or background, has the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive. At The Y, no child, family or adult is turned away due to an inability to pay.
Financial assistance awards are assessed on a case by case basis during a one-on-one, confidential session with a staff member. Those interested in applying for our financial assistance program are encouraged to download this form, or stop in to any of our branches to learn more and pick up an application.