The Bethlehem Branch– for youth development, for healthy living, for social responsibility.
Since its founding in 1941, the Bethlehem Branch has focused on helping people develop spiritually, mentally and physically. Many Ys offer rooms which are permanent residences for single adults as part of their mission.
Despite the name, the Y is not just for the young, not just for men and not just for Christians. Our sliding scale fee structure means that no one is turned away because of the inability to pay for membership.
The “Y” embraces people of all ages, incomes, abilities, and ethnic backgrounds. Our mission is carried out everyday at our two Bethlehem facilities. We offer quality pre-school day care, before and after school activities for older children, teen and youth programs, progressive swim lessons, adult cardio and aerobic activities, and personal training on our Nautilus and Hammer Strength equipment.
Bethlehem Affordable Housing Facts
• Affordable rooms for single men and women
• 23 furnished single rooms with shared bath areas
• 10 furnished efficiency apartments with full kitchen and bath
• Four handicapped accessible units
• Handicapped bathroom facilities
• Private mailboxes
• HVAC units in all rooms
• Heat, water and parking included in rent
• Minimum one-year lease
• Computer/library center provided
• On-site security
• Coin operated laundry facilities located on-site
• LANTA bus service accessible in front of Y
• Market rate units available on a per diem basis during eligibility verification
For applications or more information please call Patti at 610-867-7588, extension 142. Or, stop by the Y Welcome Desk for an application.
• One month’s security deposit required
• Rent due first day of each month
• Availability determined by applicant’s income (20,40 or 60% of median)
• Full-time property manager on site
• Child abuse clearance, credit check, criminal check and previous landlord verifications needed
• Non-refundable $40 application fee required
• Bethlehem Affordable Housing is a non-smoking facility.
Join the Y
Households across our community have different needs so we offer a variety of membership types. Each of our locations offer many different programs, schedules, and classes therefore offerings and fees may vary by branch.
Every day, we work side-by-side with our neighbors to make sure that everyone, regardless of age, income or background, has the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive. At The Y, no child, family or adult is turned away due to an inability to pay.
Financial assistance awards are assessed on a case by case basis during a one-on-one, confidential session with a staff member. Those interested in applying for our financial assistance program are encouraged to download this form in English or download this form in Spanish, or stop in to any of our branches to learn more and pick up an application.