We're in this Together
At the Y, we know that our community is better together. From feeding hungry children with our free Youth Meals Program, to providing a safe place for our homeless neighbors with our Allentown Warming Station, to providing daily opportunities for folks to connect, the Y is here to bring people together. And even when we can't be together, your Y is committed to keeping our neighbors connected, supported, and active during these difficult times.
While we await the time we can be together once again, we want you to know your Y is still here to support you. Accordingly, we've compiled resources for you and your family to stay active, learning and engaged at home. Keep checking this page for an updated list of resources:
*NEW* Virtual Preschool Programming:
- Greater Valley YMCA's Virtual Preschool Programming Library
- Southlake YMCA Preschool Education Videos
- Bucks County YMCA Preschool Education Videos
- Monroe County YMCA Preschool Education Videos
- YMCA of Greater Providence Preschool Education Videos
- Watertown Family YMCA Preschool Education Videos
Walla Walla YMCA Preschool Reading Videos
Stay Active At Home:
- Free fitness classes thanks to our partners at MOSSA
- YMCA 360 free fitness classes including: Yoga, Barre, Boot Camp, and Active Older Adult Classes
- Take Virtual Dance Classes with the Muhlenberg College Dance Center
- Participate in Digital Coach Workouts of the Day thanks to LifeFitness
Stay Learning At Home:
- Watch NASA's Storytime from Space
- Attend a an online children's author reading
- Do a Science Experiment will Bill Nye the Science Guy
- Talk to your kids about the Importance of Handwashing using this video from BrainPop.com
- Teach children about the Coronavirus with this comic
Stay Engaged At Home:
- Enjoy these fun activity ideas thanks to Dorney Park
- Practice mindfulness with these videos or this mindfulness guide from the Shanthi Project
- Enjoy free virtual Sundays at the Museum thanks to Historic Bethlehem Museum and Sites
- Avoid cabin fever with this list of fun kid's activities from Parade
- Go on a home field trip: Take a Virtual Visit of the Louvre, Say Hi to Animals at the Cincinnati Zoo, Take a Virtual Tour of Yellowstone National Park , Explore Mars, Visit the Boston Children's Museum, Check in on the Aquarium Cams from the Monterey Bay Aquarium or Visit the Great Wall of China
- Practice Gratitude with these suggestions from Lifehack
- Manage stress with this guide from the CDC
- Enjoy online arts content from ArtsQuest
- Watch Broadway plays and musicals
At the end of the day, we know a Y is not walls; a Y is comprised of people striving to practice caring, honesty, respect and responsibility daily while helping each other. We know no matter where we must remain for the time being, we can continue to be connected in our goal making our community stronger. Thanks for being a part of our Y family!
Join the Y
Households across our community have different needs so we offer a variety of membership types. Each of our locations offer many different programs, schedules, and classes therefore offerings and fees may vary by branch.
Every day, we work side-by-side with our neighbors to make sure that everyone, regardless of age, income or background, has the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive. At The Y, no child, family or adult is turned away due to an inability to pay.
Financial assistance awards are assessed on a case by case basis during a one-on-one, confidential session with a staff member. Those interested in applying for our financial assistance program are encouraged to download this form in English or download this form in Spanish, or stop in to any of our branches to learn more and pick up an application.