2020 SUMMER SEASON REVIEW
We had an exciting summer of programming as we focused on how to best serve our community during the pandemic. We’re thankful to all the partners who made this season such a success, helping us accomplish the following:
• We served 32 individual participants, with 16 children attending regularly.
• We created a sense of community at the park, which became VERY family-oriented. Each day we held the program, parents stayed and participated in the activities or helped the staff load and unload the van, even teaching seasoned camp staffers gimp techniques they had never learned before!
• We served 374 free meals and snacks.
• We served 96 individual participants, with 35 children attending regularly.
• We served 1,256 free meals and snacks.
• We connected multiple families with outside support that they otherwise would not have received (like the Intermediate Unit, Communities in Schools of the Lehigh Valley, Easton Area Neighborhood Center, etc.).
10th and Pine Streets - with Veggies in the Community (VIC)
• We served 55 individual adults and 35 individual children, many of which attended regularly.
• We served over 400 healthy, free adult meals and 310 free kids meals.
Paxinosa and Kellyn Foundation
• We served 44 individual kids who participated in activities.
• Over 280 kid’s meals were served.
2021 SUMMER SEASON
Be sure to check back for information on the next season of our Easton West Ward Summer Parks Program!
Check out Recipes from the Summer Park Program Here
This Program Presented by the Greater Valley YMCA, Easton/Phillipsburg Branch, in partnership with the West Ward Community Initiative
Join the Y
Households across our community have different needs so we offer a variety of membership types. Each of our locations offer many different programs, schedules, and classes therefore offerings and fees may vary by branch.
Every day, we work side-by-side with our neighbors to make sure that everyone, regardless of age, income or background, has the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive. At The Y, no child, family or adult is turned away due to an inability to pay.
Financial assistance awards are assessed on a case by case basis during a one-on-one, confidential session with a staff member. Those interested in applying for our financial assistance program are encouraged to download this form, or stop in to any of our branches to learn more and pick up an application.